History of Concord
Concord came into existence as a farming hamlet. The name Concord makes reference to the birthplace of Hiram White, an early settler who was born in Concord, Vermont. In 1853 the Ontario Simcoe and Huron Railway opened a station in Concord putting this hamlet on the map. The Concord post office was opened the following year in 1854. Concord was a typical rural crossroads hamlet; too small to be considered a village. Still it had a general store, a blacksmith shop and a wagon shop.
In the 1950s Concord changed from an agriculture based community to residential and industrial land uses. Ultimately, Concord's growth would be fueled largely by industry. Today, Concord is one of the largest industrial hubs in the greater Toronto Area.