History of Kingsview Vilage
The documented history of the Kingsview Village area dates back to the 1850's. The first settler in this area was Thomas Madill who owned a farm on the north side of Dixon Road that stretched from Islington Avenue over to Kipling Avenue. The Madill farmhouse was a storey and a half dwelling constructed of fieldstone. This house stood on Islington Avenue. It was demolished in 1973 and with it went the last trace of the pre-subdivision history of this neighbourhood.
The present day Kingsview Village neighbourhood was developed during the late 1950's and the early 1960's. The small brick entrance pillars for the Kingsview Village subdivision can be seen on the west side of Islington Avenue at Kingsview, St. Andrews and St. Georges Boulevards. The letter "K" is inscribed on the face of one of these pillars and the letter "V" is inscribed on the other two pillars. These inscriptions stand for Kings-View-Village.
Dec 20, 2019 · EntertainmentIt's a Wonderful Life in Etobicoke
Dec 20, 2019 · CommunitySymphony of the Sea
Dec 26, 2019 · FoodBoxing Day Brunch at Beaumont Kitchen
Dec 31, 2019 · FestivalsNew Year's Eve
Jan 14, 2020 · FamilyEducational Acting For Kids! After School & PA Days