History of Bloor West Village
In the 1850's, the area now known as Bloor West Village was the property of Lieutenant Colonel William Smith Durie, the first commanding officer of the Queens Own Rifles. The street that ran through his estate is now known as Durie Street.
The present day neighbourhood began to be developed in 1909 when this district became part of the City of Toronto. Soon after amalgamation with Toronto, Bloor West's roads were paved and city services were made available.
Bloor West's first residents were immigrants of Eastern European background. These are the residents who helped found the Bloor West Village Business Improvement Area, the first of its kind in Canada. This shopping district has helped make Bloor West Village one of Toronto's most popular neighbourhoods.
Oct 16, 2018 · CommunityGET LIT !
Oct 20, 2018 · ArtsJoey Cauhey, Julio Falcao, TBD - Fall Acoustic Series at A Dark Horse / Stand One Records
Oct 20, 2018 · ArtsHush Hush 2018
Oct 20, 2018 · FoodJunction Farmers Market
Oct 26, 2018 · EntertainmentDark Waters