History of Milliken
This neighbourhood was originally called Milliken's Corners. It was named after Norman Milliken, a United Empire Loyalist, who settled here in 1807. Milliken established a lumbering business, a hotel and livery stables near the corner of Steeles Avenue and Kennedy Road.
The Milliken name is also associated with the Township of Markham located north of Steeles Avenue. In fact the Milliken Post Office established in 1859 was situated on the north side of Steeles Avenue which marks the border between Scarborough (now Toronto) and the Markham Township.
Milliken remained a rural community up until the 1970's when its furrowed farm fields gave way to the modern subdivisions that now define this neighbourhood.
May 19, 2013 · FamilyTHIS SUNDAY - Nature and Heritage Hikes with Toronto Brick Works
May 20, 2013 · CommunityVictoria Day Fireworks
May 20, 2013 · AnnouncementsVictoria Day at Fort York National Historic Site
May 25, 2013 · EntertainmentOld Toronto Beer Tours
Jun 1, 2013 · SportsCIMA Mayor's School Cricket Tournament