History of Maryvale
Maryvale was originally part of the former Village of Ellesmere, a thriving farming hamlet that was centred along today's Ellesmere Road. The Village of Ellesmere prospered during the 1800's, with its own school, post office and church. There were also blacksmith shops, a waggon making shop and two sawmills.
In the early 1950's, Ellesmere's market gardens and dairy farms gave way to the present day Maryvale subdivision. Maryvale is named after the former Maryvale farm, noted for the breeding and raising of race horses. This farm was situated on the site of the present day Maryvale Public School. A horseshoe from the old Maryvale farm is mounted on a commemorative plaque in the foyer of the Maryvale Public School.
May 23, 2015 ·Community Environment Days
May 23, 2015 · CommunityDoors Open Toronto 2015
May 24, 2015 · FamilySunday Morning Bird Walk
May 24, 2015 · SportsToronto Women's Half Marathon/5k presented by GoodLife Fitness® for Women, Sunday, May 24, 2015
Jun 3, 2015 · FamilyRouge Days