History of Cliffcrest
The Cliffcrest neighbourhood was named in the 1960's by city planners who were making obvious reference to the Scarborough Bluffs land formation that skirts the southern boundary of this neighbourhood. The Scarborough Bluffs are a natural wonder that was formed following the last ice age, some twelve thousand years ago. Archaeological evidence gathered in this area during the early 1900's shows that the First Nations people established settlements along the Scarborough Bluffs dating back 10,000 years, making this one of the oldest inhabited sites in Toronto.
The Toronto and York Radial Railway established the sixty acre Scarborough Heights Park on the crest of the Bluffs in 1912. This park was created for business purposes by the railway in order to attract more passengers to their line. Scarborough Heights Park closed in 1929 and the streetcar line was discontinued in 1936. Following the dismantling of the streetcar Kingston Road was widened to cater to the automobile age which ultimately led to the residential development of Cliffcrest in the 1940's and 50's.
Jan 24, 2018 · CommunityMon Sheong Inspired Toastmasters Club Weekly Meeting
Feb 17, 2018 · FamilyHamilton Kids-Fest 2018
Mar 9, 2018 · FairsCanada Blooms
Nov 3, 2018 · CommunityScarborough Coin Club 22nd Annual Coin Show