History of Clairlea
Clairlea was formerly part of a pioneer crossroads village known as Moffat's Corners. Moffat's Corners is best remembered for the Strangford Post Office which opened in 1863. This post office was situated at the present day intersection of St. Clair and Victoria Park Avenues. The Strangford name given to the post office was probably taken from a small town in Northern Ireland, as most of this area's first settlers were of Irish descent.
When the Strangford Post Office closed in 1873, Moffat's Corners became part of the greater Scarborough Junction community. In the early 1900's, the children in this area attended the Scarborough Junction school which was located at Kennedy and Danforth Roads.
The present day neighbourhood began to take shape in the 1950's when furrowed farm fields were replaced by rows of houses. This neighbourhood takes its name from the Clairlea Public School which opened in 1951.
Sep 12, 2015 ·Community Environment Days
Sep 27, 2015 · CommunityRock N' Stroll
Sep 27, 2015 · CommunityCycle 4 St. Joe's
Oct 24, 2015 · SportsToronto Women's 8K/5K presented by GoodLife Fitness® for Women Saturday October 24, 2015
Jan 23, 2016 · FestivalsTotal Wedding Show