History of Agincourt
Agincourt began as a small village centred around the Knox Presbyterian Church. The original frame Knox Church, built in, 1846 was replaced in 1872 with the story-book brick church that still stands today on the north-east corner of Sheppard and Midland Avenues
In 1858, the "Agincourt" post office opened in the general store of John Hill. Hill secured this post office with the help of a Quebec member of Parliament who insisted the post office be given a French name. Hill's customers were mostly English and Scottish and so he chose the name "Agincourt" after the French Town where King Henry the V won his famous battle in 1415.
Agincourt began to boom in the late 1800's when two railway lines opened stations here. This led to the building of the first Agincourt subdivision in 1913, on the old Paterson farm north of Sheppard Avenue, between Midland Avenue and the Railway tracks. The most significant wave of development in Agincourt took place between 1945 and 1965, when most of the present day neighbourhood was developed.
Apr 25, 2018 · CommunityMon Sheong Inspired Toastmasters Club Weekly Meeting
Apr 28, 2018 · CommunityCommunity Environment Days - Schedule
May 1, 2018 · CommunityKitchen Design Do's and Don'ts
May 8, 2018 · CommunityThat's Amore Pizza for Kids Day
May 8, 2018 · CommunityNevil Shute's On the Beach, Oppenheimer, and the Slow Apocalypse