History of Victoria Park Village
Victoria Park Village was prime Don Valley farmland until 1952 when a syndicate of investors, led by Conservative M.P. R.H. McGregor purchased the six hundred acres that now comprise this neighbourhood. In total, seven local farms were purchased for the assembly of this neighbourhood.
The largest individual deal involved the Fitzpatrick family, who had farmed this area for one hundred and twenty years. Bob and Martin Fitzpatrick sold their 175 acre farm to the developers of this neighbourhood for the then princely sum of $279,000.00.
The inspiration for Victoria Park Village came from the tremendously popular Don Mills subdivision which was being developed on the west side of the Don Valley Parkway just prior to the creation of Victoria Park Village. Following Don Mills lead, Victoria Park Village was planned as a self contained community with its own schools, shops, parks and industry.
Victoria Park Village began welcoming its first residents in 1953. The Victoria Park Village name was chosen in reference to Victoria Park Avenue, the major street that borders this neighbourhood.
Jun 24, 2019 · CommunityMosaic’s Community Café in Toronto
Jun 24, 2019 · ArtsMosaic’s Knitting & Crochet Group in Toronto
Jun 26, 2019 · CommunityMosaic’s Knitting & Crochet Group in Markham
Jul 5, 2019 · CommunityMosaic’s Spring & Summer Pole Walking Club in Markham
Jul 12, 2019 · FamilyFriday Night Jazz