History of Humberlea
From the 1800's until the mid 1900's Humberlea was a thriving farming community. The north half of this neighbourhood above Wallasey Avenue and Flindon Road was owned by the Griffith brothers, who operated farms on both sides of Weston Road. In the 1940's, the Griffith farms were sold to the federal government for the development of the Humberlea War Veterans subdivision. World War II Veterans were given a quarter acre property on which they erected simple frame dwellings. These properties have since been subdivided however many of the original houses still remain.
The streets around the present day Acacia Park are part of a small residential enclave built up in the early 1900's. This community was formerly known as Albion Park and is now considered part of the Humberlea neighbourhood. At the south end of Humberlea was the Caulfield dairy farm. The cattle grazed on fields west of Weston Road while the Caulfield barn stood on the east side of Weston Road. This farm operated up until the 1950's when it was sold to developers. The subdivision of the old Caulfield farm led to the completion of the present day neighbourhood.