History of Henry Farm
The Henry Farm neighbourhood is situated on property that was originally settled in 1806 by Henry Mulholland, a native of Clones County, Monaghan, Ireland. Henry Mulholland sold this farm in the early 1800's, however it was reacquired in 1898 by his great grandson George S. Henry.
George S. Henry was a distinguished politician whose forty years of public service were highlighted by a term as Premier of Ontario from 1930 to 1934. While Henry made his mark in politics his great passion was his dairy farm which, in its peak years boasted ninety head of prize Holstein cattle. Henry's rambling brick farmhouse was known as Oriole Lodge, so called because of the numerous Orioles that nested around here in the summertime.
In 1958, at the age of seventy-seven, Henry sold his farm for $2,000,000 to the developers of the present day neighbourhood. One day after this historic transaction George S. Henry passed away at Oriole Lodge.
Ed Note. Henry Farms' major historical landmarks include Oriole Lodge which is still standing in its original location at 17 Manorpark Crescent and is still a private residence. Further up the street from Oriole Lodge, situated in a small parkette, is the Henry Mulholland Cairn which is maintained by descendants of the Mulholland family.
Aug 21, 2014 · Farmers MarketsTBG Organic Farmers’ Market
Aug 21, 2014 · EntertainmentEdwards Summer Music Series: Gardens of Song
Aug 21, 2014 · Farmers MarketsTBG Organic Farmers' Market
Aug 23, 2014 · Farmers MarketsEvergreen Brick Works Farmers' Market
Aug 26, 2014 · EntertainmentMusic and Theatre at Earl Bales Park