History of Dovercourt Park
The Dovercourt Park neighbourhood began as the Village of Dovercourt back in the 1870's. Dovercourt's first residents were poor immigrants that came to Canada from England.
By 1884, there were a few dozen houses scattered throughout Dovercourt. These first houses were one and two bedroom, tar and paper shacks, which would eventually earn Dovercourt the unflattering nickname "Shantytown".
Better days were just around the corner however, as the City of Toronto annexed the Village of Dovercourt in 1910. Annexation brought proper city services to Dovercourt which in turn helped to stimulate the growth of this neighbourhood. Dovercourt Park was fully developed by 1923.
May 25, 2019 · CommunitySchomberg Community Tree Planting
May 25, 2019 · ArtsPRECIOUS: An exhibition of contemporary Canadian art and jewellery
May 25, 2019 · ArtsPerceptions
May 27, 2019 · ArtsMosaic’s Knitting & Crochet Group in Toronto
Jun 14, 2019 · FamilyFriday Night Jazz