History of The Elms
The Elms neighbourhood is named after the former Elms Golf Club, which occupied all of the land between Islington Avenue and Albion Road, north of Hadrian Drive. Another large golf course named Pine Point was located just south of the Elms course. The Pine Point clubhouse is still standing in Pine Point Park, where it now serves as the home of the Thistletown Lions Club.
The Pine Point Golf Course was sold in the early 1950's to the same developers who built the Rexdale neighbourhood. In fact, the area south of Hadrian Drive is still sometimes referred to as "Old Rexdale." The Elms Golf course site was developed much later in the mid 1960's.
The Elms Ratepayers Association was formed in the 1970's in opposition to the Wilson Avenue extension which would have cut a wide swath through the ravine valley in the centre of this neighbourhood. The residents association won this battle. Their most recent accomplishment was their successful lobbying for the Northern Elms Public Library which opened in the Rexdale Plaza in 1995.
Jan 31, 2018 · CommunityEmpower your life: in Finances + Sales + Lifestyle
Feb 17, 2018 · FamilyHamilton Kids-Fest 2018
Feb 23, 2018 · EntertainmentHamilton Woodworking Show
Mar 9, 2018 · FairsCanada Blooms