History of Richview
The Richview name originated in 1852 when a post office called "Richview" opened in this area. By the 1870's, Richview had its own school, church, and tavern. The Richview neighbourhood was more clearly defined in the 1880's when it was designated as school section number four in the former Township of Etobicoke.
Richview had a proud farming tradition that dated back to the 1850's, when Richview farmers participated in the Etobicoke Agricultural Society Fair and the Provincial Exhibition. Richview farmers sold their produce at the St. Lawrence Market in Toronto and their surplus beef cattle to the former Union Stockyards on St. Clair Avenue.
In the early 1900's, Richview farmers shifted their focus from agriculture to dairy farms to satisfy the demand for milk in the burgeoning City of Toronto. In 1956, Richview's last dairy farm was sold to developers. This brought to a close a tradition of farming in Richview that endured for over one hundred years.
The former Dixon homestead, located at 1671 Kipling Avenue, and the former La Rose homestead, located at 322 La Rose Avenue, are reminders of Richview's rural past.
Jan 31, 2018 · CommunityEmpower your life: in Finances + Sales + Lifestyle
Feb 17, 2018 · FamilyHamilton Kids-Fest 2018
Feb 23, 2018 · EntertainmentHamilton Woodworking Show
Mar 9, 2018 · FairsCanada Blooms