History of Thorncliffe Park
The Thorncliffe Park area was originally settled by George Taylor in the early 1800's. The tradition at this time was to give your house a name and Taylor named his home "Thorn Cliff". In 1888, George Taylor's daughter Margaret and her husband Robert Davies - a prominent brewer - purchased the Taylor property and created Thorncliffe farms, which became one of the leading breeders of race horses in Canada.
After Robert Davies' death in 1916 his sons sold Thorncliffe farms to a group of investors from Baltimore Maryland. Thorncliffe's new owners operated a popular race track on this site from 1920 until 1952, when Thorncliffe was purchased by the Ontario Jockey Club. Thorncliffe was then resold to Thorncliffe Park Ltd., which developed the present day neighbourhood in the late 1950's and early 1960's.
Apr 24, 2018 · ArtsStratford Festival HD - Timon of Athens ENCORE
Apr 28, 2018 · CommunityCommunity Environment Days - Schedule
May 1, 2018 · CommunityKitchen Design Do's and Don'ts
May 8, 2018 · CommunityThat's Amore Pizza for Kids Day
May 8, 2018 · CommunityNevil Shute's On the Beach, Oppenheimer, and the Slow Apocalypse