History of East York
The Township of East York was incorporated on January 1, 1924. At that time East York was comprised mostly of market gardens, a handful of brick making yards and a race horse track that was located in the area bound by Oak Park, Lumsden, Chisholm and Danforth Avenues.
In its early years, East York's population consisted mostly of employees of the local market gardens and brick yards as well as returning World War One veterans and their families. East York's largest period of growth took place between 1946 and 1961 when the housing supply nearly doubled in size.East York held the distinction of being Canada's only Borough until 1998 when it was amalgamated into the City of Toronto. The fact that East York chose to remain a Borough for so long rather than incorporate as a city speaks volumes for the neighbourliness and small town friendliness that has been an East York trademark ever since its formation in 1924.
Nov 16, 2018 · ArtsInvisible Wings - Call for Submission
Nov 17, 2018 · CommunityIlluminite
Nov 18, 2018 · CommunityUniversity of King's College Lecture Tour
Nov 23, 2018 · Special OffersGoose Island: Limited Bourbon County Original Brand Stout bottle release in Toronto
May 27, 2019 · CommunityYouths in Health & Safety