History of Trinity Bellwoods
In the early 1800's, Trinity-Bellwoods was part of a tract of land belonging to Captain Samuel Smith. Smith named his one hundred acre Park Lot 'Gore Vale'. Gore was in honour of Lieutenant-Governor Francis Gore, and Vale denoted the ravine that is now Trinity-Bellwoods Park.
The lower half of Gore Vale became the grounds of Trinity College, after which this neighbourhood is named. Trinity College was built in 1852, on the site where Trinity-Bellwoods Park is now situated. The entrance gates to Trinity College are still standing at the foot of Queen Street and Strachan Avenue, and serve as a lonely reminder of this once proud institution.
The present day neighbourhood began to take shape in the 1880's. By the early 1900's, the Trinity Bellwoods neighbourhood was completely developed.
May 24, 2019 · ArtsPRECIOUS: An exhibition of contemporary Canadian art and jewellery
May 24, 2019 · EntertainmentRedemption Paws Dog Prom
May 25, 2019 · FamilyJunior Nature Sketch, Toronto
May 27, 2019 · ArtsMosaic’s Knitting & Crochet Group in Toronto
Jun 14, 2019 · FamilyFriday Night Jazz