History of Moss Park
The Moss Park neighbourhood was originally part of a 100 acre Park Lot owned by William Allan, one of early Toronto's wealthiest citizens. In 1830, Allan built a huge mansion on his estate and named it Moss Park. The mansion stood were the city park of the same name is today.
When Allan passed away in 1853, he left his Moss Park estate to his son George, who would later become the Mayor of Toronto. George Allan, immediately subdivided his father's estate and this area soon became known for its Victorian homes.
Today, little is left of the original Moss Park neighbourhood. Its houses were demolished in 1962 in order to make room for the Moss Park Apartment Buildings which comprise the current Moss Park neighbourhood.
Jan 21, 2018 · CommunityThe Trinity Bellwoods Flea - New Year Market
Jan 24, 2018 · FoodTry It Hot with Mini-Wheats at Yonge-Dundas Square!
Jan 31, 2018 · CommunityEmpower your life: in Finances + Sales + Lifestyle
Feb 3, 2018 · EntertainmentKiller B Cinema's Eegah & The Cat Women of the Moon double bill!
Feb 10, 2018 · SportsToronto Marlies Star Wars Night