History of Dufferin Grove
The Dufferin Grove district was first settled by the Denison Family, who emigrated to Canada from England in 1792.
The Denisons were active participants in Toronto's early military and political affairs. Their country villas were Toronto landmarks, that had titles such as "Dover Court", "Rush Holme", and "Heydon Villa".
In 1834, with the city encroaching at their doorstep, the Denisons decided to clear the dense forest covering their property, and began cultivating this land.
The fertile soil in the area yielded abundant crops and brought the Denisons great wealth. However, by the 1880's, the value of the Denison estates lay in housing development not agriculture. Thus rows of crops were gradually replaced by rows of houses and the current neighbourhood was developed.
Jan 21, 2018 · CommunityThe Trinity Bellwoods Flea - New Year Market
Jan 24, 2018 · FoodTry It Hot with Mini-Wheats at Yonge-Dundas Square!
Jan 31, 2018 · CommunityEmpower your life: in Finances + Sales + Lifestyle
Feb 3, 2018 · EntertainmentKiller B Cinema's Eegah & The Cat Women of the Moon double bill!
Feb 10, 2018 · SportsToronto Marlies Star Wars Night