History of Beaconsfield Village
Beaconsfield Village history begins with the Denison family who were the major landholders in this district dating back to the early 1800's.
Captain John Denison was the owner of "Brookfield", built around 1815, at the north-west corner of Queen and Ossington. Henry Scadding recounts in his book Toronto Of Old, "Brookfield house was shaded by great willow trees and surrounded by flower gardens and lawns, no mean feat in an area of virgin forest."
The Denison heirs sold Brookfield in the 1850's. By the 1870's a network of streets had been laid out on the former Brookfield estate.
Beaconsfield Avenue became the signature street in the neighbourhood. It is named after former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, who was given the title of Lord Beaconsfield by Queen Victoria.
Jan 21, 2018 · CommunityThe Trinity Bellwoods Flea - New Year Market
Jan 24, 2018 · FoodTry It Hot with Mini-Wheats at Yonge-Dundas Square!
Jan 31, 2018 · CommunityEmpower your life: in Finances + Sales + Lifestyle
Feb 3, 2018 · EntertainmentKiller B Cinema's Eegah & The Cat Women of the Moon double bill!
Feb 10, 2018 · SportsToronto Marlies Star Wars Night